Thursday, August 28, 2008

A Star in the Making

Last night was the first night of filming for Katy. I took her to an audition on Tuesday night for a role. The film makers were looking for a 1 year old for a small independent film. I found it on craigslist and so I packed up the kids on Tuesday night and went down to Provo. Chris, the guy in charge of most things, loved Katy and so did the girl who was the main character. Needless to say they did end up calling on Tuesday night letting us know that Katy got the part. These film makers are making this short film part of their "Reel" and are submitting it to Sundance!! I am gonna be praying that it gets accepted!! I need any good excuse to go up to Park City in the winter!!!

The first night of filming was fun. It was a night shoot since they needed Katy to be asleep in her carseat. She loved the guy with the camera in the backseat with her and fell asleep just like she was supposed to do. When they got back from the first round, Katy of course woke up and wanted out of her seat, but knowing my kid if I did that she would never go back in it again. I left her there while the director looked at films.

The two main people took Katy for a long car ride to get her to sleep again. It took a good half hour, but they just kept singing and driving and there she went to la la land for the night. The end scenes were filmed fast since my kid was doing what she was acting how they wanted. A sleeping baby!!

We ended up being done at about 11:30 pm and it was a fun experience. We are back on Saturday and part of Sunday too. I am hoping that we get most of it done on Saturday so Sunday won't be so long. I will take some pics of everything on Saturday and Sunday and get them up for all of you to see. Don't worry I will get everyone copies of this short film so everyone can see the star!!

Oh yeah.....Hannah was so happy that Katy got the part b/c now she gets to go with her Dad to the Football game on Saturday instead of me!!! I will just watch the game on tv and let them have a fun Daddy Daughter Date.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Fun!

Glad she did so well already and has another chance to have more fun in front of the cameras. Very cool!