Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Katy.....

I have been so crazy busy with my oldest two that I think Katy has been a little ignored on the blog. She has had some crazy things going on too. Her world got turned upside down a few weeks ago when we moved her crib out of our room and into the little room beside our bathroom. Granted there is just one wall between us now, it was not fun for her that first night. She has worked through it and now magically sleeps from about 8:30/9 pm to right around 5 am in the morning! I never thought that this day would come. It works out great since that is about the time that Steve goes to work out in the morning! I don't mind her in bed with me for the last few hours of the morning. I need a snuggle bug for a little while. Plus Katy is still nursing a little bit too, so she wants to eat around 5 anyway!!

Katy has gotten to be so cute too! I mean she has always been cute but it is getting even better. She laughs all the time and thinks that things are funny. Her vocabulary is exploding every day!! In fact the other day she asked her dad "Open door, please." I mean what 14 month old says 3 word sentences?!?!? Oh yeah, I already have one of those. Her name is Ruby!! We hear her cheer for BYU, howl like the dogs, say yippie, and every sound effect you can think of, mommy, daddy, Hannah, dog, cat, door, book, please, thank you, and more. It is crazy! I can't believe that I am getting another early talker. But nothing at this point suprises me anymore.

Here is a cute story about Katy from yesterday. It was nap time for Katy when we got home from taking Hannah to school. Katy was a little mad yesterday when she woke up which is not the norm for her. I get her quiet and bring her into the living room. Ruby was playing on the couch and Katy thought that was alright, but then she noticed that Hannah was not here. She wandered all over the house saying "Hannah" and was just about in tears. I think this was the first time that she has realized that Hannah wasn't home b/c she was at school. It made me so sad, but it was so neat to see Hannah get out of school for the first day and watch at how happy Katy was that her Hannah was back!! It is going to be interesting with how the rest of the year goes. I am getting the feeling that she is not going to like this much that Hannah is gone all day to go to school.

These pictures are from yesterday when Katy was playing with the blinds. I know kids are not supposed to do that but it was so cute that she was playing peek a boo with me!! They are only little once right?!?! And being the baby she gets away with more than the others.

Jennie....this one is for you! I am never going to have kids out of car seats!! And for the rest of you. See how my kids in the back seat love eachother and Ruby is still picking her nose!!

3 comments:

Jennie said...

That's a bummer about the 8 years old before they can get out of a car seat! I cannot imagine Holdyn in a car seat, the kid is so tall he has to sit alone in the back of the van so he'll have enough leg room! He's been the tallest in his class since kindergarten.

Emily said...

I got a nose picker too! Brett is always digging for gold! LOL!

Mary said...

Katy is so cute! And I love the mini-blind photos!

The carseats look great - are they all new? Gracie is a picker too - luckily she gives her nose treasures to me instead of eating them. Thank goodness!