We all got to catch an Angel's game while we were in town too!! It was a day game so us parents did lots of walking during the game. How can I complain though when our tickets were only $5 each thanks to a great auction on eBay!! Sure they were in the nosebleed section, but we were on the first row and in the shade!! Even better for the hot day that it was that day. The girls had a lot of fun and I was so glad that we were not baking in the outfield. We got a hot pretzel there, but it tasted nothing like those back in Philly. Guess I need to go back just to get a pretzel.
We hit Knottsberry Farm too!! What a fun place! There were NO Lines and we got to just about ride everything we wanted more than once. I think that I would rather do that place than Disney. The kids loved meeting Snoopy and even Katy didn't want to let go!! I got to finally get back on some roller coasters. This is a big deal since I think this is the first summer that I have not been preggers in like 7 years I think!! It was so nice to ride some rides. My favorite was the Accelorator. Of course it is the one that goes from 0 to 80 or so in a matter of what a second?!?! Totally loved it!!! Awesome is all I have to say.
Steve went deep sea fishing when the rest of us went to Sea World. The trip wasn't all that great for Steve but he did manage to catch one Bass and it tasted awesome!! I guess that since it was okay but not that great we will have to let Steve go again next time!! Sea World was Awesome with the girls. We met up with my friend Mary that I have been a blogger friend with since I was preggers with Ruby. So after 3 years it was finally time to meet up at Sea World. All of our girls had a great time together. Steve had the camera, so no pics from me on this end. **Mary can you e-mail me some of those great pics that you guys took for me?? Please....**
The 4th was so much fun!! Swimming, playing on the beach again, having a huge picnic and just waiting all day for the fireworks!! What fun it was!! The whole day went way too fast and those people in San Diego know how to party. There were a zillion people there by 10 am and we ended up parking our car almost a mile away from where we wanted to be for the day. I think it was b/c more people had their 'staycation' at the same park and had the same idea. Of course my camera broke too, so that is why I don't have any pictures of this either. **I am saying Darn, since there is this cool new Olympus camera that I want really bad, but I didn't break it on purpose since it is a camera and does what it should do. Take pics and movies!!**
All in all the kids did great on the drive there and the drive back. We stopped at State Line in NV on the way back and played for a few hours. Steve got to relive childhood on the rollercoaster. I just thought it was really jerky but fun. We even got the whole family on the log ride just once. Then they all rebelled and didn't want to go on again. I think Katy would have been up for another ride if her older sister's didn't protest so much about another ride. We took off and went to Vegas. Of course it was packed from the weekend and the only room that we could find open at 11:30 at night was a single and it was $150!!! I don't think so. Onto Mesquite we went. There were very few rooms there too. The first place was full, the second had a suite for $200 for the night and breakfast in the morning (Steve thought that was a little much, so he asked for the number to this new hotel on the hill), so we were onto our third place at 1 in the morning. It was perfect!! $70 for the night and breakfast in the morning. We got the kids in and were glad that we got one of the last 5 rooms left in the city. There were about 10 cars that pulled up behind us that got no rooms. We slept until 9 in the morning!! Took it easy and were on our way home.
We had a mini stop over in Cedar to see my friend Elizabeth and her family. It was nice to get the kids out of the car for about an hour or so while we visited. They had a ton of fun, but it was time to hop back in the car for the last 3 hours of the ride home. I was so excited to see our mountains and know that we were almost home.
Nutmeg of course was waiting at the door when we pulled up!! Glad that she had some family back and the kids were just as excited to see her and their own beds. The adjustment from vacation mode to real life has been slow. Steve took off work yesterday to ease back into work life again. We got errands run and now it's back to normal life!! I miss vacation already.
Me and Katy at the ballgame.
2 comments:
I will email you a link to all the photos I took at Sea World. Gracie is still doing the Shamu wave! It was so fun to meet you and Lexie loves Hannah too! Can't wait to have another day together with all of our girls!!!
Alisia, have I ever told you you amaze me??? You are seriously a really fun happy version of the energizer bunny. No wonder why I like you!
Post a Comment