So Hannah had her second Swim Meet last Tuesday night! She did awesome in it and really improved her times. The judges were a little more strict at this meet and ended up DQing a lot of the kids.
Backstroke:
Hannah ended up having to swim in lane 5 which is great except for the drain of the pool is at the bottom of this lane and Han is deathly scarred of the drain. The poor kid didn't even want to get in the pool for her race. I pushed her in and told her to swim. Mean I know, but she needed to swim and you can't see the drain when you are swimming on your back right?!!? She did a great job, but ended up getting DQed b/c the judge said she turned too far over at the very end of the race!! WHAT?!!? Who DQs little 5 year olds?!?!? She did swim it faster by 6 seconds and would have finished 3rd with her time of 49.99. Oh well onto butterfly is what we said.
Butterfly:
Now this was a fun race. We all knew before little beebop started that she would be DQed, but she wanted to swim fly so we let her swim fly! The race started out great since it was just her and one other girl and no drama of lane five. Hannah was in her favorite lane. Lane 2!! Hannah started out great and we were thinking that she just might do it!! Well that was until she got half way down the pool. She just started going slower and slower. At the end she was just bobbing up and down to try and get there to the side of the pool. It was a very long 1 min. 12 sec. for all of us but she had fun and wants to swim it again at the next meet.
Freestyle:
I noticed on the heat sheet that Hannah was scheduled to swim in lane 5 again for this race and being a Mom knowing that my kid is not going to get any ribbons if she has to stay in lane 5, I asked her coach if there was a way for her to swim in lane 2. There were only 3 kids swimming in her heat so there were open lanes. She told me to ask the head lady to see what could be done even though she just wanted Hannah to swim. I went and got something done about it. I got her changed to lane 2 and all was better.
Hannah loves lane two and just took off for her 25 yard swim. She even dove in this time and used her little motor to swim to the other side. This time we had some luck and she finished 5th and improved her time by 6.07 seconds. In the swimming world that is a whole bunch of time!!
I am so proud of my little fish! I can't believe that next week is her last summer meet and that it is all over! Where did the summer go?!?!?
No comments:
Post a Comment