Friday, July 25, 2008

$20 Family Night

We have all been really busy this week. Well let me make a correction. I have been busy this week getting ready for my sale in my baby clothes sale in Mandee's basement. Let's just say that getting stuff sorted, priced, on the racks, and getting a store organized is a whole lot more work than Mandee or I thought it was going to be. In honor that we haven't done much as a family this week and that it was at least 85 in our house tonight, we found a place to hang out in FREE a/c for a few hours. The place was Boondocks!!

Boondocks is one of those fun places that has FREE a/c, mini golf, go carts, games for tickets (which earn cheezy prizes), expensive food. You know a place that sucks money from you the moment you walk in. Well like I said in the title it was only a "$20 Family Night" and that is what it was. We did cheat a little since we had a $25 gift card that we won at Garrett's Make a Wish Rodeo last November.

Here is the run down of what we did for $20..........

One ride on the GoKarts for Steve and Hannah!!

Played Deal or No Deal on this cool game thing a few times

Dropped tokens in this really cool disco game and Ruby won 450 tickets!!

Dropped more tokens in another Egypt game and won a ton more tickets!!

The girls played on this huge play thing for a long time.

A bag of fresh grape tasting cotton candy (gross I know but man it was good!!)

but more important than anything Steve played this really cool Bass Game. It was this HUGE wheel game called Giant Bass Fishing or something like that. So we dropped in 4 tokens. Big spenders I know, but Steve has to play every now and then right?!?!? So what does he do on his spin???? He lands the fishing pole on the 2 inch Grand Bass Super Winner!! This wheel is like 8 feet tall and a little spinner pointer thing is like 1/2 inch big and it lands in that little itty bitty spot for us to win 1000 Tickets!!

We ended up with almost 2000 tickets on our $20 Family night. There were enough tickets that each girl got a new stuffed animal to sleep with. Hannah got a Purple Care Bear (my kid has a care bear?!?!? Man I am old!!), Ruby got another Elmo doll (I think that brings the total to about 5 or 6 of them around the house now), and Katy got a really cute My Little Pony toy. We also got a zillion little bracelets, lolly pops, and some smarties!!

All in all it was a fun night. I don't think we will ever hit the jackpot on that fishing game again, but I am sure that Steve will want to try again next time we go. Boondocks is a whole lot better than Chuck E. Cheese's ever thought of being.

And thanks for the FREE A/C!! It made my evening a whole lot better!!!

No comments: