Monday, July 14, 2008

Garage Sale Weekend

I am so excited that I have found someone as strange as me in my ward. My friend Mandee (don't forget the double E!!). We love to go on Saturday mornings and head out to all the yard sales that she has mapped out for us. This Saturday we took the few dollars of fun money and headed out for a few hours. I love it b/c someone else totally loves to bargin shop with me!! Steve hates to pick the racks at DI but Mandee will come anyday. (DI is a totally different post though)

On to Saturday. I thought I wanted a cool little wallet, but Mandee got it first! All cool but now she is gonna have to find me one on eBay!! She bought it for only $2!! What was the price tag inside the wallet?? $78!! No lie!! Promise!!!
I ended up getting a ton of great deals for the day though too!!! I got a flag stainglass thing, ice scraper, and a ton of little puzzles for FREE!! Who wants to cash a $20 bill for something for sale for only a quarter???

For $3 I got the three books of the Bourne Series!! It takes me longer to read those type of books, so I can finish up summer reading with The Bourne Identity, Supremacy, and Ultimaum!!

Steve got a Dilbert book, Halloween crazy hat (you will have to wait until October to see that one), and a John Adams book by David McCullough all for the bargin price of $2.25!!!

All the girls got stuff too, but Hannah made the call on the best deal of the day. Mandee and I were at one townhouse and I noticed that there was a trampoline there with a sign that said bring offers. Now the thing is HUGE! like 14 feet around big. I was talking to Mandee and said in a loud enough voice for the lady selling it "Wonder if she would take $20 bucks for it??" The lady goes "Heck I will give it to you for $10!!!" So I called Steve on the phone and asked him if he wanted a trampoline for the back yard and he didn't know, so Hannah got on the phone. Our converstation went like this....

Mom: Hannah how are you today?

Han: Great Mom.

Mom: Hannah would you like a trampoline at our house.

Han: Yeah Sure. Bring it home.

Needless to say, the trampoline came home and was set up that afternoon. The kids love it and have been on it all weekend long. I guess if they get bored of it, I will end up selling it on KSL or craigslist, since they are going for around $100 these days. I would rather have a trampoline than a pool, so the kids are gonna have to love it. $10 is a steal and we have gotten more than $10 of fun out of it already!!!

Man I love going out to Garage Sales with Mandee!!!

4 comments:

somestratt said...

First, sorry about he name mispelling. Call it Sunday with no husband to help brain...or something like that. Second. I love yard sales! the other week Brent and I got one of those pools with a filter for $10. The kids have loved it. Hooray for yard sales!

Mary said...

Good bargains! We just gave away our 14' trampoline. Had to! Gracie just screamed and screamed to be on it at all hours of every day! I might get her a little exercise trampoline so that she can jump by herself, with minimal supervision instead of constant worrying. Glad your girls are having fun with it!

Nina Olson said...

They are huge, yeah call me at claudias 254-7321. We can make plans for probably thursday. Just call me and we can talk it over

Evyn said...

Ahhhh I LOVE bargain shopping. There is a thrift store here, in Pell City...I ADORE IT. I found a $150 Kate Spade bag, brand new with tags...I got it for $7!!!

I never do yard sales though, Im too lazy on Saturday mornings :)