Wednesday, April 29, 2009
Run in with the Police
I had to take Hannah to the doctor this morning. She has a really bad rash that is spreading everywhere and it got bad enough to take her in. It turns out that it is a bad case of eczema that can be cleared up with lots of lotions twice a day. At our doctor's office the kids get a token after the appointment for this candy looking machine, but it has little toys in it. Hannah and Katy both got some cute little bracelets and Ruby wanted a sticker mustache. Yes a mustache, but she is making choices so that is what she wanted. Well before we could get out of the office, Ruby was already screaming about how she wanted a bracelet. She made a choice and we were sticking with that dumb mustache. She got a pop in the car since she would not stop screaming. I get in the car and drive just a few blocks down the road and sure enough she keeps screaming and throwing a fit. I pull over in a parking lot and pull her out of the car and let her throw her fit in the parking lot. I usually only let her stay out there for a minute or two and not more than that. Before those few minutes go by low and behold a police officer shows up. I get out of the car and start talking to Ruby again, before her time is up, but I could not stay in the car with the po-po there!! She still won't be quiet and Lord knows that there is no reasoning with Ruby once she has made her mind up. Eventually the cop comes over to talk to me and wants to know what is going on. So I give him the story of my 3 year old throwing a temper tantrum and hope that he doesn't want to keep talking. Ruby is still screaming but by this time it is I don't want to go with the police, mommy i love you!!! but of course after he takes off it is back to the dumb bracelet!!! She eventually calmed down with the treat of the po-po coming back. I swear Ruby puts me in the strangest situations with her little fits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I read the title and thought to myself, "this is gonna be about Ruby". Ta-Da!
You serioulsy have the MOST interesting life I have ever known!! This is hilarious!
Post a Comment