Write a book. Seems like I am always having life happen around me and sometimes I cry or laugh or just shake my head. The things they didn't tell me before I had kids. Sounds like a great title to me.
Today's chapter is all about Mother's Day gifts.
No this is not a gift from the 2 legged children, but the four legged kind that is covered with fur. Shadow is one of the twins that came into our lives when we got rid of the dogs. I guess that Shadow wanted to get in on the whole Mother's Day celebration because she got me a gift. I stumbled upon my gift when I came home from getting Hannah from school. She was at the door like she always is when I get home and this time she had a little friend. Yes, a little furry friend with a tail!!! A mouse. Happy Mother's day!! She was so proud and of course I have arms full of groceries that are dethawing by the moment, so I don't have time to stop her from promptly picking up the mouse and running inside!!! AHHHH!!! Gifts are good but not in the house. So I manage to get the groceries way, since I didn't want everything to melt on me. I was in luck since she was just in the dining room sitting under the table with her prize. I am so squarmish around mice alive or dead, so this was not a good thing for me. Then because I walk into the room, Shadow feels the need to show off and start playing with the thing!! All I could find was a rake for the yard. I have no idea where the broom is, so i shoo her out of the house and rake the dead thing out of the house. So the present still sits there by my front door waiting for Steve to deal with it when he gets home. At least this is a story that I can laugh at for Mother's Day. Just one more of life's lessons as a mom that they didn't tell me about before I had kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment