I went into total mom mode and got all the kids up and ready to go just in case we needed to leave our house. I did notice that it was 2 am, so I told Ruby Happy Birthday and said we need to go. We got everyone in the back room since the tree on fire was in our front yard. The firemen got to our house after what seemed like an eternity. Oh yeah I failed to mention that there was about a foot of snow on the ground and it was still snowing. It took them a little bit to get to our house since they were checking on other houses on the way to ours. There were about 10 houses up and down our street that all had sparking power lines since they were all weighed down with ice and snow.
Steve finally got to talk to the firemen who told us we should be okay since the tree had a ton of snow and ice on it. Needless to say it wasn't going to burn down. So after we got the okay, I put the girls back to bed in their room and went back out to help Steve get our driveway shoveled. That took an hour and was the really heavy snow! It was almost so heavy that I couldn't even shovel it without help or only taking a little at a time.
We got that all done together and our nice firemen stayed in their truck until the power people decided what they wanted to do. We came in and went back to bed. We did hear a huge crack, followed by another, and followed by another. There go our trees. We lost so really big branches last night with that foot of snow that decided to show up!!
So all of us are safe and sound. The tree is a little crisp where the sparks kept flying, but other than that we are good. Who would have thought that it would snow as much as it did last night!! Totally crazy!!! I just feel so bad for my poor daffodils. I swear I can't grow anything and now they are probably all frozen and won't bloom. I am so sad....
2 comments:
Oh Gosh!
What a crazy story! Glad you guys escaped okay!
Post a Comment