Friday, March 28, 2008

Way over tired.......

So I am going on my third night of no sleep. Katy was getting worse by yesterday afternoon so I had to take her back to the doctors office. I swear that I am sending them all on vacation with all the co-pays that I have paid them this year. Katy was doing bad enough that she was hooked up to an IV in the office. Steve was great and was able to come home from work and watch Hannah and Ruby while I was there with Katy. She was still throwing up when I came home, but she came home with her iv still in and that was great!



I came home and was able to feed her just a bit and we had another three rounds of throwing up. Since she came home with an IV in her arm, I called and finally got the doctor to tell me that it was time to take her into the ER. I finally got a shower, since I haven't had one since Sunday. Gross I know but with sick kids and plumbing that we are not supposed to use my showers are far and few between. I was glad at this point that she still had it in since they didn't have to stick her too much more. We did blood draws and what ever else they needed for the lab and hooked her back up to an IV for some more fluids. Katy was getting really tired by this point and even took 2 little BOTTLES of pedilite!! My baby that doesn't know how to suck on a bottle took two of them in a night.

All while I was there sitting in the ER, I missed Steve's text messages that he was getting sick too. And to make my day even better we were out of toilet paper!! I totally forgot this point until today. So now number 1 is down and so is little number 3. I somehow find my way home and didn't get in a wreck. I have been up for 3 nights now and it doesn't look like it is getting better.

I am finally home right before midnight and after getting the dogs all taken care of, I think that I can get a little sleep since Katy is finally doing that. Of course my night gets even longer (since my kids know exactly when I fall asleep) Ruby comes down telling me her blanket is dirty. It REAKS of curtled milk!! I knew that she was sick too. So I drag myself out of bed and go upstairs to clean up. I hear as I am going up the stairs, Steve Barfing again in the bathroom (WOW! Our plumbing is really gonna be blocked up now!!). I find Ruby's room in that wonderful aroma of milk. YUCK!! I get her bed and her changed and go to start a load of laundry. I was blessed last night since she did not freak out that I had to go and wash her blanket.

Not too much later than that I got another visitor in my room. Who else is left, but Hannah. Thank goodness Steve had a little bit of energy and took care of her throwing up in between him throwing up. They were sharing the toilet together. I do remember in my sleepy state that Hannah kept telling Steve "My stuff looked brown. Why is yours clear??" I have to laugh at anything at this point.

Steve was up off and on again during the rest of the night. Hannah crawled into bed with me this morning, but had to run back to her room to get her huge pot to throw up in. I was glad that she did b/c not five minutes later she needed it. What a way to wake up this morning but with Hannah holding a huge pot and throwing up the water she just drank. Ruby is still in somewhat of a good mood and is just happy to lay on the couch with Steve and watch her favorite show 'Handy Manny.'

At this point I have gotten meds filled and am just trying to do damage control. YES I did get some toilet paper. I can't wait to get our plumbing fixed. This is not fun anymore. Maybe at some point today I can get a nap. Here are a few pics of my sick looking family. Ruby was a stinker and would not take a good picture for me, but can I blame her since she is sick right now??? Anything is welcome at this point. Hopefully it will pass soon b/c this is way harder than having a new baby.




3 comments:

Mary said...

Oh my gosh. I'm speechless! Your poor family!!!!!

I really hope everyone gets over it fast and you don't join in the fun.

Prayers are for your family tonight!

somestratt said...

And again, ugh....It is horrible. To make you feel not so alone, Hunter threw up last night, and Brent and I are both Nauseous and achy. How in the world can this thing be affecting us of 2500 miles apart? I vote that your story, and you flu is MUCH worse than mine though! Sorry you couldn't have won something better :(

somestratt said...

seriously, I comment on your blog and then it doesn't appear...Annoying. We are all sick too now. Nasty stuff, but yours if nastier! Brent and Hunter slept downstairs last night so that he could take care of Hunters vomiting, while I took care of the night time needs of the younger kids upstairs. What fun. B and I are both nauseous, but luckily it doesn't seem too bad. I hope that you get a good break after this.