Thursday, April 3, 2008

Almost through another week......

It is finally Thursday. WOW! Almost done with another week of us an non-functional plumbing. This whole thing is getting really old!! Every one seems like they are on the mend. Hannah and Ruby are both feeling back to normal. The girl fights are back in full swing, so that means yelling, whining, and all that other stuff my oldest two do is back. Gone is the little bit of a quiet house. Katy is still throwing up at random every now and then. Yesterday it was in the car on the way home from us getting Hannah from school. It was nasty.

My dogs are on the mend too. We thought that we were going to loose Freckles on Monday night. It is bad when the emergency vet says that if I would have taken her home that she would most likely die during the night. It was an expensive day for us at the vet. Dog poop and throw up is way worse than the kids. I will take my kids doing the same thing any day over the dogs.

It has been so nice that Hannah is back in school this week. It is so worth every penny to send her to school three times a week. Spring break is NOT fun. It is more like 'let's hope your kids live through the week at home with Mom' instead. It would not have been so bad but we all know what my week was like last week. I could have kissed her teacher when I dropped her off at school on Monday!!

Steve....hummm....guess that I don't talk about him all that much. He is doing better and is on the mend too. He went to a career fair yesterday at UVU (used to be UVSC) and had an awesome day. He should get at least 30 interviews from it or more. Busy, busy, busy. I take it that work is going great too since I never can get a hold of him any more during the day. We don't get much time to talk about stuff since life gets heckic around here in the evening with all the kids.

Me...well the only interesting thing going on for me is looking for a cool little tikes play thing for the girls. Since their birthdays are so close we are getting them one little present and one HUGE present for all of them. I figure that this year it is going to be a fun Little Tykes toy. I find the perfect one on Toys R Us and it is back in stock today. Great. I am ready to spend my $300 and get it sent to us. I go to check out and shipping is $200!!! HELLO!! that is 66% of the price. There is no way that I am going to be spending that much on shipping. The local store will not order it for us since they don't carry it. I guess that I am back to looking (or rather stalking) the classified ads on KSL.com and craigslist. I know that gas prices has gone up but $200 for shipping on a $300 toy?!?!?! CRAZY!!!

Well it is almost lunch time so I am going to see what I can whip up out of nothing today for the kids. Thanks to you all who read my blog. My boring life with toilet issues. What else could you ask for in a blog???

1 comment:

somestratt said...

The answer is absolutely nothing...you know, what else could i look for in a blog. Nope, your blog gives me a real look at all of our lives and lets me know that it always gets better. See, you are already talking about birthdays and outrageous shipping prices. Nearly long gone is the talk of barfing and sleepless nights!!! Well, at least the barfing part is true!