Tuesday, May 20, 2008

You know your kids are getting big when.....

I had some of those Mom moments in the past few days. My kids really are getting BIG!

Hannah has decided that she can play with the big girls when we go to visit friends. When Mindy and I took cookies to our friend Kallie on Sunday, Hannah went to go play with her older daughter who is 7 (I think). My baby is playing with kids who are around 6 and 7 now!! No more of hanging out with the kids that are 2 and 3. WOW!!

Ruby decided on Saturday that she was not doing this whole let's play in the pool with us on Saturday, but yesterday she decided for herself that she could go down the little side all by herself with wearing Hannah's suit from last year. Maybe the suit gave her good luck, I don't know but she was all little miss independent yesterday at the pool. In and out by herself, walking around, blowing bubbles in the water, and even going underwater just once by herself and not freaking out about it!! It's the little things that make me stand in awe and wonder about Ruby.

Katy is almost a year old already and is off and entertains herself during the day! She loves to climb the stairs and when I can't find her, I hear the "ma ma" coming from the top of the stair case. She is just patiently waiting for me to find her up there at the top of the very steep and scarry stair case. Whenever Katy wants to do something her word is "UP!" Up is for everything from getting out of her crib to just anting to be held. Truely her first word was UP!!

3 comments:

Evyn said...

Awww I can't wait to experience all these things. I know its going to be hard, but I know it will be so rewarding as well.

Mary said...

Wow they are growing fast!

Gracie says Hug when she wants something out of reach. She's just using us.

somestratt said...

Ok, Hearing "ma ma" at the top of your stairs would scare me too! Your girls are getting so big. I cannot believe that Katy is already a year. Hey, Hunter is 6, by the way. He and Hannah would still be playmates!!!