One of the best parts during all of our waiting was that we got to meet Stephenie's Sister!! Her best friend was out taking pictures of 'cool' shirts for Stephenie's page and they loved Jen's shirts!! Of course Jen was sitting with us by then, so she had to come say hi and snap pictures. Of course you know me, I had to ask to get a picture!! So Mom and me got a picture with Stephenie's sister!! This is the sister that already has got the Twilight book written from Edward's point of view, Forever Dawn. How cool is that?!?! We also got to meet cousin Mel, Melanie from the Host!! It was so much fun!
Saturday, May 17, 2008
My Stephenie Meyer Night!
Waiting, Waiting and More Waiting. That was the theme of last night for my Mom and me for our girls night out!! We got there just before 5 after we got our shirts from Jen (see Everything Twilight). So we waited in line to get in the Show Barn and then we sat in the same place were Steve and I Rocked in the New Year with his company in January. It was then time to wait for it to be 7 pm. (So two hours of fun!!)
The place was full of women and a few men, but leave it to us women to take over the bathrooms for the men!!! Yes I was one of them because I was not gonna wait in a forever line with so few men around.
Finally it was 7 pm and there was Stephenie!! It was so great to hear her talk for just a few minutes. She said that the movie is going GREAT!! The parts she has seen are wonderful and is just as excited about December as the rest of us. There might be 2 more books after the Host! I am not all the way through the Host yet, so I don't even know how it ends yet. She did say that when she is done with book tours she will put up a blooper part of when the two folks meet at the end. (Sorry it is early and I can't remember peoples names right now). Stephenie also talked about her family and that she is missing her baby's kindergarden graduation this year, but her hubby is a full time dad at home! How cool would that be for me to tell my hubby that I make enough money that he can quit work and stay home with the kids!!
One of the best parts during all of our waiting was that we got to meet Stephenie's Sister!! Her best friend was out taking pictures of 'cool' shirts for Stephenie's page and they loved Jen's shirts!! Of course Jen was sitting with us by then, so she had to come say hi and snap pictures. Of course you know me, I had to ask to get a picture!! So Mom and me got a picture with Stephenie's sister!! This is the sister that already has got the Twilight book written from Edward's point of view, Forever Dawn. How cool is that?!?! We also got to meet cousin Mel, Melanie from the Host!! It was so much fun!
So we waited until 11:30 to get our books signed. It was worth the wait and so much fun!! What a girls night out with my mom! I guess it was like all those swim meets that you wait all day for Cody to swim less than 2 minutes or waiting all day long for Garrett to rope for less than 10 seconds. Oh well it was so much fun meeting Stephenie Meyer!!
One of the best parts during all of our waiting was that we got to meet Stephenie's Sister!! Her best friend was out taking pictures of 'cool' shirts for Stephenie's page and they loved Jen's shirts!! Of course Jen was sitting with us by then, so she had to come say hi and snap pictures. Of course you know me, I had to ask to get a picture!! So Mom and me got a picture with Stephenie's sister!! This is the sister that already has got the Twilight book written from Edward's point of view, Forever Dawn. How cool is that?!?! We also got to meet cousin Mel, Melanie from the Host!! It was so much fun!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Alicia!! Help Me!!! I messed up my Blog!!! AAAAAAAAA!!!!!
oh and I don't have your email either, cuz my laptop crashed.
::insert more crying here::
I will read your Stephanie Myers post in a bit. Bet you had FUN!
I fixed it. Whew!!!!
Comment #3 and then I will leave you alone. hehhehehe
Meeting Stephanie Meyers sister must have been awesome! And hearing Stephanie speak had to be great! I haven't had a chance to read her books yet, but they are popular! Glad you had such a good time with your friends! Haha on using the Mens Room! LOL
11:30 ???!!! AACKK!
I am glad I didn't stay! (Though of course I missed being in your all magnificent presence!) :)
Thanks for hanging out with me. It was fun to spend some time together. Thanks also for the shirt promos. Jacilyn ordered a Edward shirt from me on Sat. Yeah!!
Post a Comment