Thursday, April 3, 2008

Changes and Lunch

Well I needed something more spring like, so I added bright. I am bored and it is always fun to change up my blog. I guess that since I can't ever decide on just about any choice I can change my blog look at it doesn't hurt anyone. I don't know if that made any sense or not. Oh well hopefully you get my point.

Lunch...well I made it through that today too. Spending your food money on your dogs makes me be creative on our meals now. Today my creation was top ramen (chicken flavor) with frozen veggies (carrots, peas, green beans, and corn). I think turned out great. All three of the kids ate it down and even asked for more. WOW!! Who would have thought. As I was eating my new creation, I could not help but think that at least this way I get way more veggies than if I were eating it out of one of those cup of soup that you can buy from Ramen. It was bright in color and tasted as good as chicken ramen can taste. I figure that I spent a grand total of about $2.00 on lunch. That is good for me!!

Now I just need to see if Steve will like it and actually eat it and not be a meal that he picks at.

2 comments:

Mary said...

I'm so glad your family is feeling better and your dogs and hubby too. And that is too great that Steve got so many promising leads at the job fair!

Can you pimp my blog? I'm getting bored with the same background all the time and I love yours!!! This one is so cool!!!

somestratt said...

Sounds strangely similar to what I used to eat as a freshman at college! It is funny what kids love isn't it! I think I will try that next time Brent is away. I have had it up to "here" with my kids whining about what I cook. Time for some mac&cheese.