Friday, February 4, 2011

Mail Day

As you can see today was mail day! I met a wonderful, amazing, extremely talented quilter when we lived in Philly. Shellie is an amazing friend too! She really took me under her wing when we were in Philly and I learned a love for quilting too from her. Now I don't think that I will ever be as talented as my friend who gets her quilts published in Quilting magazines, but I am better from learning from her. Like how to make my square corners meet, how to iron my 1/4" seams, and what stitch in a ditch means.
When we were up in DC for Thanksgiving, we had the chance to meet up with Shellie and her awesome husband. YES we did meet at the fabric store. That is why her hubby is so awesome. Here we all drive for a long time only to meet at a man's most favorite place in the world....a fabric store and on the BYU/Utah football game day no less. I think we made it up by getting 5 Guys Burgers for lunch.
Shellie was so amazing to make a quilt for each of the girls and patiently taking time with each of my girls to pick out the fabric that they wanted. I really can't believe how much their personalities show through the styles of fabric that they each picked out.
Today was mail day! The girls had no idea what was in the boxes. They were trying to guess and we went from food to toys to valentine gifts and back. Ruby got into her box first and was so excited! Now all she has been saying is "Look what I got in the mail today." Katy is so excited she just had to go sit on the couch with her blanket! Hannah can't say enough about Sister Blake and how she is the "most wonderful lady in the whole world!"
Thank you so much Shellie for being such a great friend over all these years. I love being blessed by your talents and being able to have a few of Sister Blake's quilts in my home. Thank you for being a woman that I look up too and who knows maybe one day I can just come over and quilt all day long and chat!

Here are the girls with all their quilts :-)
Ruby with her purples and pinks :-)
Hannah with her browns, pinks, and cats of course!
Katy with her bright colors! Yellow, pink, and blues :-)