Thursday, October 7, 2010

Our Summer Vacation (now that it's what...OCTOBER?!!?!?)

Here is a little of what we did on our summer vacation! I know that some of this is way late, but with my kind of schedule this semester I am glad that it's October and not December when this stuff is getting done. I am not too sure if I like the new way that blogger is doing things. I like the old way better. My pictures are strange. My blog looks awesome on a Mac and then I go to my laptop and it's totally different and I gotta cut and paste code to get it to look right. Sorry I am off on a tangent, but I get what you other bloggers are talking about. Why change a good thing???

This first picture is of the girls at the state line into Mississippi! I tried to be detailed about where we went and all, since they are checking off states like I am. The next one is of the girls at the New Orleans airport waiting for their Paw-Paw and Grandma Nora to get in on a flight. She is a flight attendant with Contiental so they get great flights for super cheap or FREE! They decided to meet us half way on our trip there and give me a break from driving.

 Then we finally made it into Texas after a huge rain storm! Little did we know that we would be in an even bigger one once we made it into Houston!
 Our first activity of the two weeks was to go to the San Antonio Zoo!! It sure was hot out there!!! The kids had a blast! The animals were super fun and the best part was feeding the birds. The kids got a little scarred but that's okay. It was fun!
The bird on my head. I was so glad when it didn't poop on me!
Eating a treat to cool off from the hot day! This is for
Ruby's I don't like it face. Been trying to get that for YEARS!

What a way to end the day, but with a train ride through the HUGE park that the zoo is in!

Hannah got a ball from the SA Missions game that we went too!! Gotta get as much in as you can!
How else is better than to get your toenails painted by your grandma after you are done with the hot tub???
Ruby wanted to help make dinner one night and she was set on cutting up the onions. I wasn't sure about the idea, but that is what she wanted to do. Sometimes you just have to let your kids do things and this was one of those times. **I just know as Emily watches this she will be crying. Onions and her don't mix too well. Glad it's not a scratch and sniff video**







It was time to wash the cars after a long drive from Alabama into Texas! The girls sure had a lot of fun working and cleaning. I am just trying to figure out why they do this for their Paw-Paw and not me.




Our first day at Sea World of San Antonio! Upgraded parking is the only way to go! See how close we are??

This was after one of the water and ski shows. The girls had so much fun!
Now I have to get my battery charged from the camera. All of these were just on my phone. Don't worry there are a lot more to come and I have sooo much to catch up on it's not funny. I am taking a few minutes here and there to do this today while I am studying for my anatomy class. It just feels good to catch up a little bit. I feel soooo far behind on things. I am going to let the camera charge for a while and then try to get part two of our vacation up. Heck Steve isn't even there yet, so I guess that I should try to get some of the pictures that he is there right??? Now back to Anatomy work!

No comments: