The girls and I went to all 4 of the frat houses at JSU and asked if we could pick up the cans on Fridays when they are out of school. We got okay's to start our can search! I also got the tip of coming by on Sundays after home games because I was told there would be more drinking of lots of those NON-alcoholic beverages again.
I found a place in Anniston that will take the cans off our hands for 53 cents a pound! I think that is rather good for empty cans. The lady told me that there are 27 cans in a pound and good ole' Google told me there were 34, so we are shooting the number higher to be 35 just to be safe.
The price of our cruise for all 5 of us to go next October in cans is roughly 4075 pounds and that brings us to a magic total of 138,550 cans!!
I don't know if we are going to be able to find that many cans in a years time, but we sure are going to try. Hannah has already started asking people at school. We have some great ideas with pre-football games at JSU to get them and if you see my cute kids or even me for that matter digging in the trash to get a can, please just keep walking! We have a goal to reach people!!!
What a cruise it will be if we really do find all 138,550 cans! I would so love to tell Carnival about that one. How recycled cans paid for a cruise!!!
PS. If you live near to us We will accept any and ALL donations of cans. Please help us get to our goal!!!
The Best response when we were out tonight was "You guys want canned food??" after Steve had asked if they had any cans!!! This is going to be a great adventure!96 cans down, a whole bunch more to go :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment