It seems hard to believe that it has already been 9 years since my life and our country was changed forever. I know where I was was that day. It seems just like yesterday. I can close my eyes and see the sky, be back to my apartment that I shared with Steve, even just remember the calm and surreal feeling of the day. No one really knew what to do in that state of shock, but I remember just wanting to be close to Steve that day. I could not stop watching the tv all day and all night long.For comments today or after today, I would really like to know where you were and what you were doing. How will you let your children know about today and what it means to you?
1 comment:
My dad let me stay home from school in the morning to better study for a english test I had that day. I was in 7th grade! My mom was in California cause my grandpa had a heart attack a few days before and needed massive heart surgery.(im an only child) My dad called me and said he heard something on the radio and asked me to turn on the news and tell him if there was any more information..I turned on CNN and I saw LIVE the second airplane hit!! I asked my dad "are we going to be ok?!" cause I didn't know if they were going to bomb the whole country or not! my dad said in a state of shock over the phone cause he was now by a tv (he is a general carpenter and was in someones home at the time and the people had ran and turned their tvs on)he said "I dont know.." My friends who were at school all said the school went on lock down and were all sent to the auditorium until parents could come and pick up their child caused they ceased classes for the rest of the day (mind you this is only at like 9, 10 am and school got called off) My mom was suppose to come home around like the 14th but she didnt make it back home till almost october!
Whats freaky is my dad was in 7th grade when Pres Kennedy got killed and I was in 7th on 9/11! lets hope nothing happens when Neil is in 7th!!
Post a Comment