Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Monday, Monday...Nah Nah, Nah Nah Nah

Ok, so Alicia went to a Relief Society dinner this evening, and so excitedly I decided to watch the girls OUTSIDE because they wanted to go out on this beautiful day. It was indeed beautiful, so I let them jump on the trampoline, sing, and just be girls. While the merriment continued I decided to continue something on my own: the "Garden Boxes" project. so I started by getting some of the mesh on the bottoms of the boxes to help keep out the weeds and such. While I was doing this the girls continued to play, but got rather quiet and luckily I caught them early...Ruby and Katy had grabbed the scissors and began to give each other haircuts. Now, with boys when our neighbor Bethany in Las Vegas (I think Daniel and I were 8 or 9 or something like that) decided to cut our hair, it was easy to buzz it off (a buzz I think stayed with me for many years thereafter). So I assume it was not that big of a deal (you'll have to ask my mother on that one). Well I have to say after "kindly" taking the scissors from Ruby, I asked what it was they all thought they were doing. Now while Hannah was not cutting the hair, she seemed to be supervising (as usual, so that way she can't get in trouble, right?) The response I got was amusing.
"Daddy, you know Easter is coming up right?"
"Yes girls, it is"
"Well , we need to make the eggs and get the baskets ready."
"What does that have to do with cutting hair?" I asked.
Hannah's response, "Well dad, we have to have hair for the baskets to put the eggs in."

Oh right, silly me. Of course you would need hair for the baskets and of course it makes sense to cut our hair off. For the baskets. Because where else are we going to get the hair.

LUCKILY I caught them before some huge damage was done, but you can definitely tell it was done. Now the remaining mystery: When will Alicia find out or notice? Do I dare tell her? Maybe she'll read this post and discover it, or maybe she'll discover it after she gets home. Maybe I'll put a poll on Facebook and have people make a guess as to how long it will take her to notice.

I guess we'll see! One question I have though: how do you scold your girls for doing something that was clearly not the right thing to do when all you can do is laugh at their reasoning and the looks on their faces as I question them? My oh my...I'm not doing so great at this fathering thing...