Well we all know that Steve wrote the last post about how hair and scissors don't make magic, unless someone that knows what they are doing is working their magic. I guess that the girls did NOT understand that whole concept because the little girls have cut their hair two more times since then. I guess that I didn't realize that we had so many pairs of scissors around the house or that they could find them when I hid them (or at least I thought that they did). Other than me being really mad and sad all at the same time with my girls not having much hair these days, we have been able to get somethings done around the house.
Saturday we were able to get the beds moved for the garden into the back of the lot with the help of the missionaries. We sorta had to bribe them to help us in the morning because Steve promised to go and help them in the afternoon. That's all good b/c there was no way I was strong enough to get those things moved way out there in the yard!!! With that part one of our garden was done!
I left that morning to go and find out how much the dirt would cost to fill those bad boys up. I took Katy down to the Co-op in town to get the scoop on dirt. There were a few things against me to start out before I even walked into the place. First, I didn't drive my truck. Second, I was a girl and coming in with a small child at that. Third, I was wearing my wild bell bottomed pants that I only garden in. So with all of that I walk in and there are like 10 guys behind the counter!! Hahahaha.....I go up and ask about some dirt for my garden and get told that it was $1.99 a bag and I could take my choice. They would even help me out to my car with it. HAHAHA!!! I have 5 beds that are 4 FEET by 16 FEET and 16 inches deep!! I don't think that one bag of dirt for a $1.99 is going to cut it. Although that would have been really nice. :-) So I explain about my garden and how many I have and hope to convey at the same time that I have done a garden before, so I know a little of what I am talking about. They do get some numbers together and they told me that I need 6 TONS of dirt!! WOW!! I didn't realize that we would need that much dirt to fill up our beds, but 6 tons it is. Nope can't get it delivered since the day before it rained 5 inches! The pile of dirt was basically MUD, so we are waiting for it to dry out a little bit before we can get out dirt. We only really need 3 tons of top soil because we will get 1 ton of sawdust and 2 tons of compost to make our 6 tons. Now I am just hoping that they can mix it all up in the truck so we can just put it in the boxes! But that will be part 2 of our garden.
Sunday was fun. We had an appointment with the stake president that we knew about for 2 weeks! That part was not so fun. The waiting. I am not so good at that at all, so it just about drove me nuts. It's all good though because the calling was not for me anyway. It was for Steve!!! He is going to be the Elders Quorum president. It should be interesting because church is small but we will see. I know he will do a great job!!
Yesterday I took the girls to get the supplies to make a homemade balance beam! I am proud of making it. Granted it's not to level to the floor, but it gets it done. The girls are happy and that's all that matters. First thing Ruby wanted to do was a back walk over! Crazy girl, but I showed her how to stick her thumbs together and there she goes!! With a little spot of course, but she has no fear and loves to try anything!
They love to practice gymnastics and going to class is the best part of their week. I never realized how strong my girls were until we got them into class. Hannah had a great night in her practice! There were only 4 girls with 2 teachers last night, so she got a great workout. She was able to get her pullover on bars!!!! That's a big thing for her. One more thing checked off to end up on team at the end of the year.
Well that is how things are going this week so far. Busy and having fun. Spring break is cloudy with treating rain all day long and not really warm, but we are making the best of it. I promise to get out the camera today and take some pictures of the hair cuts, the garden, and the beam. I'll just insert them or make a new post, since we have plans to go to the museum today. Catch up with everyone later!
1 comment:
Congrats Mr Elders Quorum President!! Matt and I were talking the other day and we decided you guys are like the ideal family! we wish we took the time to get to know you before not AFTER you moved back to Alabama =(
Post a Comment