Yes, That is what I heard from not only Hannah, but Ruby as well. I thought that stuff like this comes much later in life! Guess my kids did not get that memo!! Hannah has been a little fisty lately with her I'm 5 but going on 15 mouth and attitude. She was also upset since I told her I was taking her door down since she keeps slamming it and rattling windows in the house. I wanted to leave her at home while I went on a walk with the other two girls, but I know that I can't do that!! So she came along dragging her feet and whining again about how she wants another Mom.
I let her talk to Steve on the phone. They talked all about how she wanted a new mom, how I am mean, and not very nice of course. I am not sure what Steve's side of the conversation was, but a few minutes later Hannah comes up to me and says: Mom, I changed my mind. You can still be my Mom.
WOW!! I really wasn't sure what to say. Ummm......thanks kid for letting me still be your Mom?? I just had to laugh and ask: What made you change your mind?? My reply that I heard was: Just because. Oh it is so a 5 year old right??
On to more of my day later!!
2 comments:
Alica,
John used the removing the door trick on Barbara when she was about 13. It took about two weeks before she realized it really wasn't going back up until she apologized but she didn't slam the door anymore. The other kids got the message too, they don't slam doors.
Cyndy Patterson
Don't you just love being a Mom?! So you're having a part on friday, eh? Sounds like fun! We won't be able to make it, it's Abrie's B-day and we're taking her out to dinner... fun stuff! :)
Post a Comment