As most of you know my birthday is tomorrow and the weekend has been great!! I guess that the Cougars giving a good beating to UCLA was not enough for Ruby. During half time Steve and I decided that Ruby needed her nap. That's where it started. Steve took Ruby up to bed and I guess that Katy followed. She loves upstairs and it will be nice when she can get there, but then I hear "Dear!!" You know that kind of 'Dear!!' that you don't want to hear. Well Steve is bringing Ruby down the stairs and there is blood everywhere! Ruby was throwing a major temper tantrum and hit her tooth on the fan in her room. My Ruby decided that she needed to give me her front tooth for a birthday present.
This is one of those situations that I have to laugh. I guess that I have a toothless wonder and am laughing about it now. I was not laughing when I called our wonderful dentist though!!! Ruby is left without a front tooth until the next one grows in. The tooth came out root and all.
It has been an interesting halftime today for the BYU game. I guess that it is always something. I don't need to have a boy! Ruby gives me enough of those kinds of moments. Arms, Teeth, now what is next?!?!?!?! I am left to say....RUBY I LOVE YOU!!
Here is her Mike Tyson pic right after it happened.

Cheese!!

The whole tooth. Happy Birthday Mom!

On the couch, getting the bleeding to stop.

Here is a good look at where the tooth used to be.
3 comments:
Hey, her cast is gone!
And so is her tooth. Poor baby! She is just getting started too. You poor thing, I can't believe she is so rough and tumble!
Hope the tooth fairy brings you a big present for the tooth you got for your birthday!
Spencer lost that very same tooth at 15 months. His was somewhat traumatic because his broke and he had to have part of it pulled and they didn't get it all, so he had to be sedated and get the other part out--long story short. Anyways, it was totally devastating to me, but now I am so used to his toothless little grin that I can't imagine it any other way. I think it makes him look a little more mischevious--he and Ruby sound a lot alike!! Have a great birthday and go Cougars!!
Alas, I think this child made a pact with Ben to get into everything she can and have the battlescars to show for it! Can you believe that?? And YOU! Happy Birthday. Did you have "that" party? I didn't hear eiher way. We invited you and the girls to Khayla's bday on the 6th. Did you get it? Jessica has asked me a zillion times to see if you got it. so there I asked.
I subscribed for your blogs to come to my email, and in turn they come to my blackberry...so I'm catching up everyday!
Love you, miss you...
Melis
Post a Comment