The summer has been so much fun but I am ready for cooler weather, fall holidays, and good eatin'. Football has started!! Yippie!! It really is fall now. I know that I can't get too much of Football. What a fun time of year with football, NASCAR, and drag racing going all at the same time. A little piece of heaven is this time of year. :-)
I always start the updates with the oldest, so today I will start with Ruby and why she is the escape artist. On Friday I was upstairs getting ready, feeding Katy, and the whole time thinking that my kids were fine downstairs just like always. I get done and head downstairs to only find Hannah watching tv and finishing up breakfast. Where was Ruby?? Hannah promptly told me after I asked "She is upstairs taking her nap." Ummm....NO!!! So I make a quick sweep of the main floor and NO Ruby. I put Katy upstairs in her crib so I don't loose another baby. There is no Ruby upstairs anywhere. Not on the main floor, or even in the basement. By this time I am freaking out and getting ready to call 911. I run outside to go to my neighbors house to make her come out and help me look for Ruby. Then a lady yells to me from across the street and up a ways asking me if I had lost a baby. Um YES!!! And there this lady has my missing Ruby. She gives me the dirty look and tells me that Ruby was found in the middle of the STREET and up a block!! I so knew that she wanted to give me the lecture about watching my kids or maybe this would be the best time for her to think that I was the 'nanny'!!! I just gratefully took her really quick and got back into my house. You can't punish a 16 month old whose first thing to tell mommy is "stinky diaper". I just gave her lots of love, changed her diaper, and then finally put her down for her morning nap!!! My only guess is that she got out the back sliding door and never looked back. Ruby, Ruby, Ruby.
All while I have been thinking that I am this bad mom Steve got the same thing on Sunday when she got out again!!! At least it's not just me right?!?!?
Hannah had a great day and week at school. I so need that little bit of a break in the afternoon 3 days a week. I don't know if my kids is abnormal, but she went to class just fine and never looked back. At school, uniforms are optional, but not for my Hannah. She wants to wear it every time she goes to class. She will even go up in her room and get dressed all by herself and ask when it's time to get going. I think she needs the time out from her younger sisters too. I guess we will see how long it is before she knows all of her letters and starts to read. We are all having fun with Hannah in school.
Katy is doing great!!! I can't believe that today she is 12 weeks old. I guess Summer really is over. Katy loves to eat, chat with you, and sit up. She loves to look around and her idea of a good time is sitting up while you hold her, so she can get a great look around. Katy is sleeping great at night. Some nights she only wakes up around 3 am to get a little snack and falls back asleep until around 8 am. That's when the rest of us wake up, so it works for me. I am so glad that I made the little investment of buying a pump because some of those nights I really need it!! ;-)
I guess that's about it for all of us this week. Maybe something else will happen this week and we will get another great story to write about. I know it will happen with my kids. It's just a matter of time.
![]() ![]() | ![]() ![]() |




1 comment:
Ruby, Ruby, Ruby! Mama is gonna hang a cowbell on the door so you can't get far!
Alicia, my little brother did something similar when he was Ruby's age. He followed us to school and my parents didn't notice. He was 2 blocks away when the mailman picked him up and delivered him back home again.
My daughter got lost when she was 4 yrs old. She played hide and seek and forgot to tell anyone. We shut down a town. Literally.
I understand how you felt in that moment. It's not a good feeling. Hugs to Ruby - glad she is safe!
Your girls are so precious! Love the pictures!
Post a Comment