Sunday, September 16, 2007

Middle of September Report

Well the middle of the month is here already which just means that the end of the year is quickly approaching. Here is a scary thought....Christmas is only a little more than three months away. Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?!?!?!



The last week has been filled with exciting fun! Last Friday, Steve went under the knife and let's just say there will be NO more little Smith girls running around. We have been through all of the jokes from deflated balls to the sailors can't get to the boat. All courtesy of Steve himself!! Ice packs and just keeping the girls away from him was my life last weekend. I guess in that instance you just have to make a huge joke about it!!

The week seemed somewhat normal for us. Hannah had another appointment at the GI doctor to see how she was doing and she is doing okay, but the real story was when we got to the part of let's get Hannah weighed and height done Katy decided that she needed some attention too. I smell this sweet smell (BF babies have this sweet smelling poop!!) and didn't think anything of it. Just a nice smell in the office right.....NOPE!! Katy had poop literally dripping out of her pant leg and onto the floor. My only comeback was that "We were in the GI clinic right?" Thank goodness I had packed the extra change of clothes in the small diaper bag that day. I learned my lesson and this is why I normally don't get my kids all dressed up in nice outfits that match from head to toe because it usually means one of them will spill a drink on them or have a blowout. Katy chose number 2 this week!!!

This last Friday was my birthday! Another year older and more fun to follow. My small party was on Thursday over at Mom and Dad's house. I got an Old Navy gift card that is much needed. I have one pair of jeans that have holes in both knees. Now I know that somewhere that would be considered Cool, but not when you are a Mom running around all day long. Mom also got me my little BeMine from Ju-Ju-Be in Purple Paisley!! More for my collection of the best diaper bags in the world!!! Poor Steve who now has to put up with me and my diaper bags. He always tells me that I need to collect something and I found it, but now he doesn't like that I want more!! **Shaking my head** I just don't get him sometimes.....

Friday was my actual birthday, so what do I decide to do?!?! I torture myself by taking all three of the kids for a ride to a lady who makes cloth diapers. Yes, I am going to try this whole cloth diaper thing. Told you that I am torturing myself this year. Must after 27 years I have finally lost all sense. This poor lady had to listen to not one of my kids scream but all three!! So we will see how it goes in the next few weeks after the diapers are made.

The best present was that Hannah got to go to school on Friday. Must be when it's one day for mom to really enjoy the kids go crazy. Hannah's life was spared because she went to school. It was one of those days that the money we fork out for school was well worth it.

Saturday was our yard sale at the house that ended up an okay sale. That is how we ended up adopting a black widow spider for the weekend. Yes you read that right a black widow spider. It was climbing up the wall when we were cleaning out the garage and looking for more stuff to sell. Garrett (my baby bro) is gathering insects for his biology project, so we thought it would be good for extra credit, so it went into the cup to save. My mom says that we must be really desperate for a new pet!! Hannah thought it was so "Cool" since she is learning about spiders at school this month. It was just last week that she brought me home her drawing of a black widow. Needless to say it was shown to all the friends and neighbors in our little pod. We found a brown recluse in our garage later that night and Steve thought that it would be cool to throw it into the cup with the black widow!! (Boys.....) Well the little lady won!! Steve couldn't stop talking about the little lady and her fangs and how fast she wrapped that other spider up!! Once again Hannah thought that it was the coolest thing in the world!! This weekend the kids started bringing us dead flies to feed to the black widow. It became a popular little pet. She did get passed on Sunday evening to Garrett, so we will have to see what he did with her and his whole school project. So that's why we have a picture of a black widow in our slide show this week!!!

That's about if for the last week. Until the next great story......

No comments: