Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You know I do live!

Let's just say it has been a really fun summer for this little Smith clan! We started out for Utah at high noon on the 27th of May (friday) and rolled into the Salt Lake Valley on Saturday at 6 pm. Yep. That would be driving straight through and we even managed to sleep at a rest stop in Nebraska for 3 hours too. We had a lot of rain like hours of it. I swear that the rain came with us out to the nice cool air of Utah.

The first few weeks were filled with birthdays, graduations, baptisms, baby blessings, more birthdays, and did I say birthdays?? Yeah by the time it rolled to Katy's birthday we were all so tired of cake that we did those cool ice cream cone clown things from Baskin Robin.

The kids had to get used to their new gym and they loved it!

We went lots of places while Steve found himself at work. The dollar theater, visiting friends, trips to every where and anywhere were in order. Steve even managed to learn how to drive himself a stick shift car!

We had holidays too! The 4th was spent hiking the Y. Lead by my little hiker that I never knew I had! Ruby of course!! Loved the parade at our same spot in Provo and a treat at the Cremery on 9th.

The whole time we tried to get everything Utah into our trip. Before we knew it, the six weeks we had planned were over and we were on our way home. We all cried when we had to go, but I am sure that Garrett was more than happy to get his room back!!

The trip home was fun with a few days in Sedona, AZ! Sick husband, Ripped pants and Slide Rock! Spray Painting cars in Amarillo! Eating at that awesome steak house too. Our engine that had NO oil in it by the time we got to Mempis. We finally made it home on the 12th of July!

So yep we are still here and my poor blog has been neglected all summer long. I am going to try my best to get pictures and fun things up. Our computer tried to burn up so we had to get a new one. My phone decided to not work so some pictures are gone :-( I am trying by best. Hang in there with me and we will get it done together!

No comments: