The Tale of Our Apple Tree
We found out that we became watchers over a little apple tree last summer when we moved into our new house. It was awesome to know that we could have the kids favorite fruit just outside for a few months out of the year. Steve has spent many hours on learning how to prune the tree just right and how much to water it. We LOVE our little apple tree. The apples are great.
We have just one small problem. People where we live think that it is THEIR apple tree. Who cares that it is right by our house? Or maybe I just am not seeing the sign that reads: FREE apples for anyone who stops and wants some.
Maybe I am not being Christ like, but I want my apples for ME! That is right ME! I don't wanna share and when I am chasing off apple pickers who think that they are theirs it makes me MAD! Yes, MAD!! Mad as all get out!
We have maybe gotten 2 apples off our tree this year because everyone and their brother thinks that they are theirs. Tonight was a prime example. Yep saw a car parked by our tree with guys out trying to get some apples. I go out there and tell them. **Well not in a kind voice** That they should ask for the apples before they just go and take. That is the nice thing to do. They wanted to know if they could still have some and I said sure might as well. Next time please come and ask. That is the nice thing to do. Then....oh then...one of the guys says and I quote: Well I am not all that nice! I told them they can't have any apples!
I know it is silly, but man we work so hard for these things. We prune when we should. We longingly look at our tree in the winter when it looks bare. We wait for spring for the buds and then the flowers (which make our room smell so nice). Then Steve and I have a contest to see who can find the first small apples on the tree. We wait for the day we can get them to eat. I could go on and on, but you know. It is OUR apple tree!!
I wanna put a fence around the tree like this one here:
and then after that I will be putting some signs up that the local po-po told me to put up. **Yes, I did call the cops to ask what to do tonight. Poor guy on the other end, but man I am MAD about my apples that are missing! Side note: he did say...that guy said what to you? That he wasn't nice. Nope I wouldn't give him any apples either!** So tomorrow we will be putting up a NO TRESPASSING sign along with another sign just in case the idiots don't get the idea. It will read: NO PICKING THE APPLES! Just for fun I think I wanna add another sign too. It will read: YES I WILL CALL THE COPS ON YOU!
Sorry for the rant, but it's my blog and it's something I am upset about. So that was my evening. Hope it was better than mine. I know I will probably laugh about this later, but it is just something that really irks my boat!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment