Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What a Day!

Yesterday was a super fun day of rain, then sun, then more rain and wind, and sun again. We got to do our pictures with Erin yesterday. Just click on her name and it will take you to her site. But first we actually had to get to Huntsville first. It was stormy outside with patches of sun along the way. During one part of the drive, I thought we were going to get blown off the road with wind and rain, but we made it safe to Emily's house for a short visit. I know it wasn't long enough, but we will be back again for another visit soon.

Pictures were good and I was so glad that my kids were not afraid to be out in the cool air to take pictures. All of them were so excited to take pictures! I think they did great and from what Erin told me the first half of the shoot looked amazing! I can't wait to see a sneak peak on Friday and get them all back in a few weeks. I am going to make a trip back up there to eat lunch with Emily and then go have a girls day and go through all the finished products!! I can't wait :-)

The best part of the day was finding out that I made the Dean's list for the semester I just finished and I got in A in Chemistry!!! It took me a few double takes to realize that I was looking at an A in my Chemistry class and not just the lab. I knew that I would be getting a B in my American Lit class, so that was the only one that I got. All the rest of my classes were A's! I am so excited not only for my grades, but that after an 8 year break from college I can still do it and get good grades. I expect them out of my 1st grader, so it shows that if I can do it so can she!

And our Biggest news of the week. Our house is SOLD! It's finally official and we are done. It sure has been a long road, but way better than other things that could have happened with the house. So now onto bigger and better things. Yes it does make me a little sad that we don't have a house anymore, but it's good in the sense that it's done and over with. I hope those new people enjoy the house and the great deal that they got! We wish them well and hope they love the garden that they got too in the deal!

I am so glad to have lived through the last 2 weeks of stress because of school, finals, birthdays, and more! I am enjoying my break even more now because of being stress free! Now it's time to get back to sewing! I can't wait and either can the kids. Ruby just told me yesterday in a very happy voice "Mom! You can sew again because you are not in school!!!" Yes my dear Ruby the sewing machine will be out and running really soon!!! Who needs a quilt?!?!?!

1 comment:

Chloe Smith said...

that is really inspiring. I will be going back to school once our babies are in school.. so to see someone else do it, it is motivation =)