We made it to Alabama very late on Friday night! It was a super long car ride and at times it was hard to stay awake and drive, but we did it! The girls and I left American Fork on Thursday at 4 pm. and raced to the airport to get my dad at 5. We took off in our attempt to catch Steve and Paul. It took us a few hours but we did. In the first run, Steve almost ran out of gas in the truck! I will let him tell you the story.
We drove all night long and in the morning we were already almost through Nebraska! Then into Iowa for breakfast and on our way into Missouri. We stopped in Independence for a short stop, by then it was almost lunch time and we still had a long way to get to Emily's house. The kids were doing great both days, since they slept a really long time and then on Friday for most of the day Ruby was in the truck!!
Our last stop was about 40 miles outside of Nashville. Steve was so tired that he was acting like he was drunk! The poor lady said she couldn't understand him when he wanted gas and told me a few times that he didn't need to be driving any more. That is the only part that makes me worried for him to drive by himself in a few weeks. I hope he doesn't push it too hard. I need a husband around.
I was tired but my dad and I took the last leg into Emily's house. He told me that this was my move, so I needed to head it in for the last leg! So I loaded up on my 32 oz. Dr. Pepper and a bag of sunflower seeds and I was good!! We pulled into Emily's house around 1:30 in the morning. Total hours in the van from American Fork to Harvest, AL only took us 33 1/2 hours!! I think that is great with a 26' truck packed to the gills, 3 kids, and a cat!! Nutmeg did great with the drive and is glad to be out of her crate.
I gotta get Hannah from the bus, so I will post later for what we have been up to since then!
1 comment:
So glad you made it safely!
Post a Comment