Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Monkey's Jumpin' On the Couch

This is what happens when mom is busy with the computer and Katy is my monkey on the couch. A loud scream, so I turn around to find a screaming baby and a mouth that is gushing blood. That deep red color that you don't want to see. Instantly I start checking teeth, but it wasn't that. Katy had cut her upper lip and it was big for my standards and not just a cut that I could say "Suck it up. You will be all right." It took a few minutes to get all the bleeding under control and get a hold of Steve to tell him to come home. I finally got a hold of the nurse at the doctor's office (while my phone decides that it was out of juice for the day). They want us to come in and see how it is doing since it was a good 1/2 inch cut and it looked NASTY!!!

Steve gets home and I run to the doctor with Katy. Thank goodness it was not busy so we were taken right back. The doctor agreed that it was bad but had gone back together rather well, so no problem unless she opens it again in the next few days. Then it will be time for stitches. Katy loved the theme room this time since it was all about football and baseball. I think the thought was in the cast and stitch room that more boys would be coming through, so make it a sports theme. My question is why I have I seen that room 4 or 5 times in the last six months?!?! I have GIRLS!!! Guess my kids didn't get that memo! Girls are screamers, hair pullers, and prissy, NOT throwers, jumpers, play wrestle mania, sports fanitics, and oh yeah the title of the post......Monkey jumpers.

PS. I will get some pics up later today when my camera battery charges. Yes it ran out of juice too yesterday. So much for my documentation of important events. It didn't get that memo either.

Here are the pictures.....

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh my stars! Hope she heals well!