Saturday, January 31, 2009

Our Trip to the Draper Temple Open House

Today was our day to go visit the Draper Temple Open House. We have heard all week that it was taking hours to get through the line and go through really quick. So we get the girls all dressed and ready to go. We find the stake center really fast and there were two buses outside with people in line. We hurry and get in line to get on the 2nd bus. Well the bus was full and we were part of about 15 people that they had go back inside to wait for the next bus. It was after a few minutes inside that we found out that we had cut in line of a zillion people. I guess that some how we skipped the movie and all the nice ladies outside just told us to get in the bus line.

We finally get on the bus and make it up to the Draper Temple. The girls were okay through the whole thing, but got a little roudy as we went through. The only time that they were all quiet was when we went into the Celestial Room. The instant we walked through the doorway all of them were quiet. It was amazing to me. Hannah eyes were wide with amazement and wonder. I sure hope she remembers going through the temple.

We also all got to go into a sealing room. Katy was super noisy by this time, so Steve went to walk with her while I stayed with Ruby and Hannah. Hannah was so cute looking in the mirrors on the way out. She also told me that she wanted to get married there and marry Hunter. I am amazed at some of the things that she says. Today was one of them. Laila.....I hope Hunter lets her down easy when they are older!! She is in love with your boy!!! As Hannah's Mom I will keep my fingers crossed with this 5 year old love of Hunter. Who knows what the years will bring?!?!?

Katy was so cute with the portrait of Jesus Christ. I tried to get her over there to take a picture with her Dad and sisters, but she wanted nothing to do with it. That was until she really looked at who was in the picture. She yelled "Jesus" and ran over and was great with getting her picture taken. In fact she didn't even want to leave. It was really cute!!

In all it was a good day! the girls had fun and it was another somewhat successful of a family activity.




No comments: