Thursday, November 20, 2008

Over a week without an entry........

WOW!! This must be a record for me with no blog entry!! Must be the long nights at work, running kids here and there, and getting ready for the holidays. It really has been a typical regular week for all of us. Work, school and playtime!! I have had a ton of fun reading all of the blogs that have been updated this week too.

Oh yeah....I do have one story to share. About Ruby of course. She did potty train in ONE day for me when she was good and ready to and we went to the store I hate, lothe, curse, and all those fun words you can think of.....Wal-Mart this week. I had to get some pictures printed out and they are the only ones who can do it quick, so off I go to my most favorite store with all three kids. That was mistake number one! Mistake number 2 was having Ruby my potty training kid with me. The kids really were great getting the pictures and the hair things we needed, so I told them I would buy them lunch at McD's. That was mistake number 3!! They are so shopping cart unfriendly there!! Why they did not make it bigger I will never know. So we finally get someplace to sit amongst all the carts and few tables that they have. This is Utah and you would think that they would have more tables with wider isles, but oh well we work with what we have right?? So I get all the kids sat down with their lunches and am getting us through lunch with tired kids. Then this is where mistake #2 comes into play...Ruby has to go pee right now!! I just can't leave Katy and Hannah at the table in the massive store I hate, so I throw the tray with all the food in the cart. Put Katy and Hannah in the cart, carry Ruby and almost run to the bathroom with pushing the cart too. So we get to the bathroom and low and behold there is a line!!! There are 4 grown women in front of me and all just glance over their shoulder when Ruby starts screaming "I gotta go potty Mom!" I tell her that it will be our turn soon. Do you think any of those grown women will let the two year old go pee first!??! NO!!! I swear I hate wal-mart and the mix of lunch. Needless to say Ruby peed her pants well before we could get into an open stall and the burgers were on the floor before I could get back to the other two kids. So lunch was in the trash and I needed new panties and pants for my Ru. Such was my day at Wal-Mart. I knew I should have gotten lunch to go, but I didn't and see what it turned into. So once again I will swear off Wal-Mart, kids, and lunch.

What an afternoon.........Glad it was over!!

3 comments:

Mary said...

Nobody let her go first? That's crazy! Poor Ruby. That's great that she decided to go potty now! I'm so excited about Gracie going potty.

tessa said...

Hate that. Boy have we been there. My personal favorite is when I am in a nasty thrift store (good deals BAD bathrooms) and they have to go right then. I've been known to take them in the parking lot with the car door blocking for them. What's a mother to do. Seriously, though that was pretty rude of the grown ups. Not one of them has ever potty trained?

Emily said...

All I can say is that I always know what you're up to! Thank Heavens for the phone! LOL!