So here I am on a Saturday once again watching the girls!
Alicia is at work this morning and will probably be home soon. In an effort to keep the girls preoccupied we went to Lowe's to return a few items, look at the Christmas things (their favorite thing to do) and get a plug for the Christmas tree lights. Needless to say, they were actually pretty good in the store. I got one of those carts with the race car steering wheels so while they were steering us all over the place, I was going around the store looking for the plugs. Hannah is extremely intelligent and actually pointed out the sign for them before I even got a chance to see where they were located, so it was actually pretty quick.
We came home to get the tree done up and Hannah got some old ornaments out and started going to town. Ruby pitched in while Katy decided it was nap time. So after getting her down I let the girls decorate the entire tree. It was a lot of fun, and hopefully we will be all ready for the holiday this year. Our tree is a little lopsided, and I guess after having a tree since we were married it is going to be time to get a new one this year. Luckily we always buy right after the holiday so it is always way cheaper that way.
Hannah and Ruby got in a scuffle and I think Hannah was tired anyway, so I put her upstairs to "think" about it. While upstairs, Ruby became interested in the tree again, and was doing something. I got a call from work about someone who wanted to come in for an interview next week, so I was trying to be good on the phone as I watched the tree topple to the ground with Ruby screaming and ornaments everywhere. I am not 100% sure she saw me, because her screams subsided quickly.
Now, I know Ruby is quite the screamer, but she is probably the sweetest little person I know, and is always looking for ways to not get in trouble. She is one of those who "fears" punishment and as a result is very good when she needs to be. As I finished my conversation I watched Ruby frantically pick herself up and evaluate the situation. She proceeded to give the tree a kiss, telling it she was sorry and to get up. I was almost bursting in laughter! Then the moment came where she saw me! Oh no!
At this point Ruby came over to me and so I knelt down to see her at eye level wondering what she was going to say. Sure enough it made me laugh even more. She says, "Daddy, can you please not call Santa and tell him. Please?"
So now for the past 20 minutes, she has been walking around the house cleaning things up and speaking only in whispers because Katy is asleep. Oh how I love Ruby.
3 comments:
that makes me miss you guys :( how cute!
Sure hope Santa doesn't read your blog!
Oh, I love the tree kiss!!! What a sweet girl. Steve, it is great to hear this story from your loving point of view!
Post a Comment