Monday, January 21, 2008

Just my luck! The Lord has a Sense of Humor!

Well for me it's suppost to be an awesome week since we are closing on our first home and moving on Saturday. This is our 12th move since we were married in December of 2000, so I am okay with the moving stuff. I have gotten it down to a fine science. No more card board boxes. Those don't last and the bugs love them. Plastic Bins are the way to go!!! Packing a little each day really does work.

Anyway on to the just my luck part. DH has been sick all last week which doesn't help much and you know men they don't want to go to the doctor, so after all my years of marriage I just don't waste my breath. He finally goes yesterday before church since it has been a week. My day at church was a disaster but that's a different story in and of itself. So finally he gets seen and comes back to church to tell me that he has the flu- type A!! WTH!! I didn't know that they type them out!! and on top of that he has a double ear infection!!!

GREAT!! So now he is really sick, It's snowing again today, now my older two girls are getting sick, and we are closing tomorrow. No one is gonna want to come and help me get the rest of my stuff packed with kids with the flu!!

**Side note** I got no sleep last night. Katy was up 4 times wanting to eat, DH was coughing up a lung downstairs on the couch, and Ruby was up twice. Once for something to drink and another b/c she had thrown up all over her bed and blanket. So I did a load of clothes and listened to her cry b/c her blanket got all dirty. This is my baby that has to have her blanket. She is burning up with a fever and I think Hannah is too!!

The Lord has to have a sense of humor b/c he wants to see me pack and move the rest of my stuff with a sick family!! I just hope that I don't get sick too!! This move is hard enough since it is suppost to snow again on Saturday. Of course when we want to move!!! this is the first time I am moving with 3 kids, 2 dogs, and a cat!!

I don't think my mom will watch my older two girls and dogs if the girls are sick!!! They don't want the flu, so I am not sure where or what I am going to do with them that day. I will just put them in the car and let them watch a movie!!! So if you could pray for me and laugh with me all at the same time b/c if I live through this week I think that I can get through most anything!!

3 comments:

Angela said...

I didn't think there were many things worse than moving, you just proved me wrong. Moving with a sick family would be a nightmare. I only wish I lived close enough to bring you dinner.

Mary said...

Yaya, I'm so sorry you have you are juggling a sick family and moving in the snow all by yourself! Can you call Rent-a-kid or starving students or snappy delivery or one of those type of helpful services? You really need some friends with big brawny arms and a truck! Stay healthy! I hope your family recovers quickly!

Btw... I tagged you. See my blog for details.

somestratt said...

Well, I think you have it backwards. I think that because you have lived through everything so far Heavenly Father just knows that he doesn't need to change the weather or the germs, because He knows you are very capable of handling this mess too!