Back to Utah County!!
It's been a few years but we did it and are finally owners of our first home. We did the move with almost everyone sick, snow, and lots of help. Steve and I tried to get just about everything we could down into our old garage and living room, so it would be easier to load into the truck. The morning was great on Saturday. Clear skies and we dropped the girls (not Katy) along with the dogs off at my mom's house for the day. I took Steve to the truck place to get the truck and all was going well. Our only little kink in the day was that the truck didn't want to start for Steve and I had already headed back to the house. He eventually got it started and was on his way to the house for us to load up.
Me being in a hurry forgot to give my mom the car seats, new clothes, and food for the dogs, so I had to go back to my mom's to give her all that stuff. What help was I any way since I had a baby on my hip while stuff was getting packed?!?!? I just got to do all the errands that needed to be done anyway. We got the stuff loaded up and on its way while I stayed for just a while longer cleaning up all the little stuff that no one wants to pack anyway.
We got down to our new house and took a small break before we started unloading here. There were 4 guys that came from our new ward and it seems like it all was unloaded really quick! We were left with tons of stuff inside and the fun part begins. Unpacking!!! At least this time it should be a long time before I have to pack again! Twelve moves is enough for me!!
It was a long day on Saturday and of course it would snow off and on the whole time we have been in our new house. I think it has snowed more this year than any of the other years that we have been in Utah before.
I am getting some stuff done around the house. Today I got the cable turned on and got the computer up and running again. Those are essential right?!?! Here I am blogging again instead of unpacking. We didn't have as much stuff as I thought so it should be a pretty fast unpacking once I get started. Steve and I got our oven working last night too!! guess that it works better when the gas is actually turned on!! We had a good laugh at that one!
Well I guess that I should get going and do something today!! I will have pictures up soon of us unpacking and our new home. Hope all is well with everyone today!!
1 comment:
Congrats on your new home. It is beautiful! What part of Utah do you guys live in?
Post a Comment