Happy Monday to Everyone out there!!
It is our last FULL week in our rental house and we can finally say "Next Friday we will close on our OWN House!!" So after 12 moves with number 13 next Saturday, I think that I am in just a little bit of denial that we are actually signing our lives over to buy a house and that we are moving AGAIN. I swear we move all the time and I just don't want to get packed again.
Steve and I have moved all over and I think I have remembered all of our places from the first until now.
1. We lived in the cute little small house on Dogwood Circle that Emily had to get kicked out of. I still feel bad for that!!
2. Then we moved to Birmingham to our apartment over in Greensprings.
3. We up and decided that we needed to move to Provo to a 2 Bedroom apartment sight unseen was the key. It was a converted 2 car garage and let me tell you it was a reality check and to be in college. (That was about 2nd N and 4th E)
4. We moved from there, not really sure why, but then moved up 2 blocks on 4th of July (totally didn't know how big the parade was in Utah!!) That was the basement near 4th N and 4th East. We moved from there b/c of all the sewer that was coming from our door frame of our bathroom. Ammon and Jenn can tell you all about that house!! We also made our first move with Hannah in tow from here on out.
5. We moved another 4 blocks south to a house. That was fun and we stayed there until our friends needed our house to move into. They had 5 kids!!!
6. We then had a fun move. Literally across the street!!! And we managed in the 3 years that we lived in provo to stay in the same ward. How crazy is that?!?!?
We are half way through this crazy list so just hang in there with me!!
7. Our second move across the country to MD. Once again a townhouse sight unseen, but this one turned out great!! I was so proud that I unpacked in 12 weeks only to be told that as soon as I had unpacked my last box that I had to repack b/c we were moving to PA!!!
8. Here we go to another state and to PA!! A row house that was forever old and needed upgrades, but we were happy. Now I am moving with two Children b/c Ruby showed up during this time.
9. To the crazy apartment with the super crazy Fix it Guy (Remember Laila?!?!?)
10. Back across the country to a small nanny apartment while we were waiting on our house to be built!! We never bought that one, so we moved again.
11. We are in our house that we are in right now!! We collected Katy while we were in this house and guess that we are really only onto move number 12, but after this many moves what is the difference between move 12 and 13?!!?!?!?
Move 12 on Saturday January 26th. I hope that every one knows that all of these moves have been since Steve and I got married. It has been a wild ride and to know that we are going to be permanate in one house is kinda a crazy thought for me. It still amazes me that even through all of the moves we haven't lost any children or pets and still have friends that want to talk to us. I am so glad to finally tell everyone that they can write our address down in PEN this time instead of a 'pencil'.
This is why I don't want to pack or even think about how crazy the next two weeks are going to be for me!! So if you would like to come and help you are more than welcome to. We don't even have boxes we have plastic bins, so just load and pack. I need to be doing that right now, but here I sit still blogging. Oh well it will get done, just maybe not this morning.
1 comment:
Wow - that's a lot of moving! We've moved 9 times since we've had kids. I don't know how many before that - a few more. But those days are so long gone that I barely remember what it was like before the girls.
Glad you are making a FINAL move! Can't wait to see in SD on the 4th!
Post a Comment