Friday, October 26, 2007

The Weigh In

It's been a blast since the last time that I took a moment to write. It seems like depending on the day it's winter or summer. We are never really sure what to expect....SNOW or SUN?? Your guess is as good as mine, but that's Utah in the fall.

Last week was our appointments for the GI doctor for Hannah and Ruby. I'll just say that it didn't go all that well. Hannah was not feeling all that well and was having a sick day. Heck on the way there she said she needed to throw up, so I had to stop at the gas station on the way and get her to a bathroom!!! Thank goodness it was a little cool out that morning, so I could leave the other two in the car for just a minute. That was over and we were back on our way up to Primary.

We get up there and me with three kids is a normal sight these days and I didn't think that it would be a big deal since we were going to a hospital for kids right?!?!?! WRONG :-( The GI wait wasn't all that bad since there were toys for the kids to play with. The NP finally got in there and tried to do an appointment with my kids, but it was cut short because Ruby was being 'too loud' and 'it hurt her ears.'

**side note** For all of you that know Ruby we all know that she can be loud. Yes, let's vibrate your ear drums loud. Now this was not a super loud day at all. I would call it a low to medium day.

I guess that it didn't matter since I just wanted to get Hannah down to the ER anyway, but man I have never been told that I had to end an appointment early because my kid was too loud!!! I was still a little mad because you wait like 4 months to get into those guys and then you get shooed out the door!!! In any case we were on our way to the ER. We get checked in and wait of course. I think we went through 4 or 5 Popsicles between Hannah and Ruby. That visit went well with no real break downs from any of my kids, but what kills me is what happened when we were getting checked out from the ER. The lady comes in and says "So are you the day care lady for all of these kids?" My jaw dropped. What do you say to that?!?!? There was no Hi or Hello from that lady. She probably meant well and I know that my kids don't have my colors, but where is the tact??? I guess now that the joke is that I am the day care lady for my kids!!! Whoever left all of them has a HUGE bill to pay when they get around to picking them up!!! Yes Hannah is fine now.

That was my last week's big adventure.

Yesterday was fun. It was check up day for Katy and Ruby. Both girls are doing fine. Ruby cracks the scales at 23 1/2 pounds and is 33 inches long. Katy is 13 1/2 pounds and 26 inches long. That means she has grown 7 inches since she has been born!! I guess that I have miracle grow in my milk or something.

The girls are getting so big!! Well it's time to take care of the crying war in my house right now. Until our next big adventure.......

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hey daycare lady... LOL! I get confused looks and leave people speechless because they can't figure out why my big girls call me mom and my baby is calling me mom. How could I possibly be everyone's mom? Hahaha.

I would love some of your recipes, but I don't have your email address anymore I don't think. mine is bonbaby314@gmail.com

I'm glad to hear Hannah is ok and the babies are growing so nicely!

Ginnie said...

Love the pictures! I can't believe how big the girls are getting...you must be doing something right.