Friday, July 9, 2010

The Saga Of The Cast.....

It was this week when I found out that Hannah was going to have to stay in her cast not 3 weeks, but closer to 6-8 WEEKS!! So not fun for any of us involved. Hannah has been great about not asking to go to the pool and has done keeping it dry with showers/baths! When you have to tell your kid that there is no more summer since she has a full arm cast on, it's not a whole lot of fun. I broke down and spent almost $50 on a cool thing for her.

This arm thing basically vacuum seals over her arm and cast so that everything is water tight! That means she can go swimming and take a shower without us having to tape up her arm in a garbage bag. Like us old schoolers do :-) She is fine with it being done like that but hates when she gets it taken off. Who wouldn't when your cast is basically up to your arm pit??

So here we wait for the UPS man to show up in his big brown truck with this cool thing for Hannah. It's been so hot out here lately that we are all dying for some relief from the heat! Yes I am still a little worried that this thing is going to leak and then what do we do?!?! The doctor is out of town all next week, but we will test it out before we go to the pool. No underwater for sure. Well, at least until I trust it a little bit more.

This little cool invention is going to save our trip to Texas next week. Me and the girls leave in only 8 days and I sure hope that this thing saves our trip! We have way too many water things to do while we are gone for 2 weeks! I will so put up a video of us trying it out and getting back in the pool before too long.

So in the end we will endure this cast thing until the start of August. I just hope that it is off before school starts on August 11th.

PS. If you need to get a US Passport soon, please do it by Monday, July 12th. The price is going up from $75 to $135!! We just got ours in yesterday and were told that. I am so glad that we were able to save some money. They are good for 10 years for kids 16 and older and good for 5 years for little kids, but still you never know when you are going to need one right??

No comments: