Well here we are on the cusp of summer time. Less than an hour to go and it's official Summer Time!! The kids are done with school and our first activity of the summer is taking Hannah and a few friends to see the last Shrek movie for Hannah's 7th Birthday! Yep we are doing the 3-D thing and I am taking as of right now 4 girls with Hannah. I think it should be fun and it's something to do on this great last day of school. (pictures should be up late tonight!)
This week has been a little bit long though with 2 of my three kids sick, but we are getting through it. Hannah is getting over strep from last week and is doing better. I thought we were in the clear, but when I took Ruby into the doctor on Tuesday we found out she had bronchitis! She really did impress the nurses when she saw her x-ray and could tell people where her spine and heart were! Proud momma moment! Katy is hanging in there with a cough she has had forever, but is the only really well one during this round of being sick.
This week also brought end of the school year things. Of course I got no pictures because I have been home on sick kid duty while Steve went to things. Hannah's end of the year awards was fun for her. She stayed on the A Honor Roll all year long and got a medal for that along with making it to the Golden Eagle level for AR reading! I am very proud of her!!
Ruby is all done with preschool this afternoon. Well for the summer anyway! and Katy is excited to start in the fall (well in August. That really isn't fall, but that's when they start school). I have found that if I bribe Katy with a slush from Sonic that she will go to the bathroom all by herself. I am sure that she will be sick of slushes by the time we have mastered this, but I am desperate right now. The girl really needs to start doing her bathroom business all by herself!
Steve has been busy with work and continues to do great! He has landed some pretty big companies this week and people are paying so that is a good thing for all of us!
I am doing lots of summer reading! I even have a page at the top for all of my books I have been reading! It's fun to keep reading new things and finding new worlds to spend a few hours in each day. There isn't much on TV anyway. What is there to watch anyway with 24 and LOST being over for good?!?!? If anyone has any other ideas for good reads for me this summer send me a note on my summer reading page! I would love to hear from you!!
In all I am really excited about our summer adventures! I know that summer will be over rather quickly, but it should be fun. We already have our pool pass! Summer trip to Texas planned for the last half of July! and trips to the library, parks, and friends all in the works! I am thinking that this will be the best summer yet! Hannah hasn't been back to Texas since she was 15 months old, so we are a little over due and I don't want Ruby mad at me for not being able to go to Texas.
So here we go SUMMER IS HERE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment