It has been a fun first day of being thirty! It started on Friday night when Steve grilled me up some awesome salmon. Let me tell you it was the best thing that I have had in a long time. We had enough to gorge ourselves and have some left over all for less than what one meal would have cost us at the OG. It was yummy and the best part...no tip for the server :-)
Last night Steve and I had a great laugh with the letter and present from Hannah for me! Here is the letter from Hannah....It reads..."Hi Girl! I got what you want. She is a cooger. I got it in them now. Love Mom Happy Birthday. Love Hannah" She even gave me her little Cosmo cougar that she has. Steve and I just laughed and laughed about the whole "hi girl" part all night long!
Today was awesome. Even with Steve leaving today we made the best of what time we had together! I so skipped breakfast just because I knew Steve was taking me to Superior Grill for lunch. I haven't had cheese dip for EIGHT YEARS!! It was still as good as it used to be. yummy! Steve of course ate all of his plate of his Crazy Javier and I had to save some for later tonight. I do eat those leftovers! Yummy!
Grams present was here for me when I got home from the airport. She sent me a whole new set of bread pans. Little ones, medium ones, and big ones too! I can't wait for bread day this week. I need to make some white bread and I promised the people who own our house orange rolls too!! With Steve gone I have some time to kill in the evening, so why not try out some new bread and orange rolls!!!
My gift from my mom, dad, and the boys came later today. It's a HUGE ice cream maker! Needless to say we will be making some sort of dessert tomorrow. Us girls know how to do it when the only boy of the house is gone for the week!! I can't wait to pick something out to make!! The part that you have to freeze was in the freezer about 5 seconds after we got it out of the box!!
Today has been a good day. I still can't believe that I made it to 30!! WOW! Those 20s are gone. The next 10 years should be a lot of fun. Just raising the kids, going to school, being a mom, and wife. It is going to be an incredible journey!!
5 comments:
Hehe... you said Lordy! Welcome to the 30's
Happy Birthday, Alicia! Sounds like it was a wonderful day!
Glad you're day was great! 30's are way, way better than 20's!!!!
I am fully expecting some of that Banana bread I heard about on Sunday:)
I think you will love your 30's. Do you remember that scene in "Fried Green Tomatoes" of the woman in the parking lot and the young girls. That is what you can do when you are past your 20's!!! I love it!
Post a Comment