Monday, July 13, 2009

The Kitten Update

Well our house is full of little kittens. Shadow started having her babies when I left for work on Friday night. Steve was texting me all night long to tell me the progress of how things were going. When I got home there were already 4 and we thought that was it. Well while I was in the living room talking, Shadow had another one!! Then later that night she had her last kitten. I was glad that I was there only b/c she had been in labor for a good 7 hours and was really tired.

So in all we ended up with 11 kittens from Riley and Shadow. I took a few pictures of them today in the closet. We put Shadow and her babies in the closet (but a different place than Riley) and they both ended up together babies and all. They are now taking turns feeding and watching the kittens. Right now it just looks like a big pile of fur!! Riley's babies should be opening their eyes at the start of next week and Shadows will soon follow.

Wow! We have lots of kittens and this is the easy part too!!!


2 comments:

Mary~Momathon said...

cute! Mama looks so tired!

Emily said...

What's up with you girl! I know more's been going on since those kittens got here! I hope you are well! Love you!