We find ourselves in June already and coming up on one of our favorite holidays. Fourth of July!!! So it was time for a change in backgrounds!! Red, White and Blue!! Katy was my closest hope of having a birthday on our first and favorite holiday as a couple. She was close enough to Flag Day (june 14th), so in honor of her first birthday and the fourth of july we changed backgrounds.
Along with change there is a quick update:
Steve: After confessing to the whole bike thing, Hannah is doing better. Who cares after she got a new bike right?!?!? Steve also has a radio ad that airs like 5 times a day. I thought it was bad trying to get a hold of him before the ads. Now there is no way I can ever get through on his phone. The whole SL Valley has his phone number!!! It has done good though since he has a few full days of interviews!! Talk about being busy.
Hannah: She has done great these first few days of swim practice. They let them practice in a half length part of the pool (12 1/2 yards) with lane lines and all!! She is so cute and has even found a few friends to talk to during practice.
Ruby: Loves the pool and can't wait to go back every day. She did learn yesterday that she can't fall into the lazy river or else you go under and mom has to save you. YES I did have to jump in and get my kid!! No panic she did hold her breath and waited to be caught!
Katy: Loves the pool too and has NO FEAR whatsoever in the water. She wants to keep on walking or crawling even after she is all the way under. You can't keep her out of the water. So between her and Ruby I am very busy at the pool every day.
Me:.......hummm........I decided that I am going to paint my room and get Steve to make me a platform bed. I have an idea in my head so now I need to make a picture/diagram for my hubby since he does SO much better with a picture. I am painting myself and all my walls are going to be different colors from our bed set. Once the bed is made (which I am guessing that I will be doing by myself), I will be sanding and staining the bed too. I think that this whole platform bed is going to be my project. I just need someone to show me how to use a nail gum without hurting myself. I just need the man power to help me move the thing since I think it is gonna be really heavy in the end. I guess that a girl has to do what a girl needs to do when it comes to getting a new bed frame!!
I have fabric to match for the curtains, so I need to sew those up too along with my quilt project that I am starting too. My room will rock when it is done! I just need to get it all done and get Katy out of the room at the same time. It will all come together soon.
That's us for now with our time for change.
4 comments:
I am so behind on all that is going on with you and we never get to talk. I wish and hope it gets better. Love the background!
Glad you liked my SeaWorld pic! Is that going to be one of your stops on your vacation? What else do you have planned? I'm looking forward to seeing you!
I don't know if we can stop. I'm working on making my husband stop in SLC. But, it'll have to be on the way back - we are gonna have to drive like crazy to get to Wyo on time!
I can't wait to see how the bedroom turns out. You know I LOVE projects like that! I can just imagine all your girls in the water, and lucky for you because then you don't notice the sweat of a busy mom!!!
Ooooh I love platform beds.
I love the 4th of July too, we plan on going to the beach to see nathans family for that "one last trip" before Baby comes. Should be hot, but it will be fun.
Post a Comment