December just brings tons of stuff to do every week in our house. I think that it is the same for most families too. Seems like every night there is some activity or party that we need to go too and I am not complaining at all. Being busy is fun!
This week brought an afternoon at Wal-Mart to scope out the girls' presents for Christmas. Their outfits have all been bought except for a few pairs of jeans for Hannah, so at least part of shopping is done. I think that Steve and I are going for less than $50 for ALL of the girls this year. It's a budget year, but they have most everything and I am very grateful for grandparents who love Christmas too! Simple things is just fine with me. I just have to figure a way to sneak some money out of the budget for Steve's Birthday/Anniversary/Christmas present! Then hold him off until Christmas. That is the problem with having all three big days in a short span of only 12 days from start to finish. Steve's only request for the B/A/C is socks and white ones at that. Man we are getting old. Asking for socks for his birthday.
Each of the girls have requested an iTouch for Christmas. They have each explained to me that they need to do 3 things with them. 1. Homework 2. Watch movies and 3. Listen to their music. Who would have thought that from a 6, 3, and 2 year old, but ever since I got my iTouch I really haven't been able to use it. My kids always wanna play their games or do homework. I can't take it to church and let them see that I have it since it causes World War Three.
My Christmas wish list this year consists of a Bread Knife. It's not fun cutting up hot bread with a dull butter knife. Not so good. And now that I am putting that out on my blog I will probably end up with 50 bread knifes from all you readers!! Don't worry....I will take them all and probably send you back the knife with some home made bread. :-)
My other big project for the week was getting the DVD Christmas card done for the grandparents. It did start off with me just editing my pictures and then of course that leads into movie stuff. You can play around with stuff like that on your Mac!!! Well an hour lead to two and after midnight I was burning my 15 minute movie all choreographed with music and pictures. It even included some snazzy menus and video clips from this year. I sure am excited for all the grandparents to see the girls this year. Who else would want to sit though 15 minutes of just pictures of my kids?!?!? Hannah commented when she watched it...."Mom where are you and Dad in all of these pictures?" My only answer was "Well someone has to take them and usually it is Mom." Guess I will work on that next year to be in more pictures. Too bad I can't afford a whole camera crew to hang around and shoot video or snap pictures every couple of weeks.
Well that sums up the first week of December. Two more weeks of school and then it is Christmas break for all. The calendar is getting full. I am sure before I can blink that it will be Christmas morning with the girls. Hopefully it will be after 7 am!!
No comments:
Post a Comment