Maybe I should start a new segment on my blog. Pantry Monday. Easy meals that are tasty and all from stuff that is hanging out in your pantry.
Here is Pantry Monday for all of you today, but especially for Mary and her sick Hubby. This is what we are having for dinner tonight and I do have a disclaimer. I do NOT use recipes at all. I just throw and guess and take a pinch here and there.
Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup
I made this in the crock pot today but I guess you could make it in a really big pan if you want too.
Pull these cans off the shelf...
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cans evaporated milk
2 cans of carrots
1 or 2 cans of chicken **or use some of those chicken tenders or breasts that are hanging out in your freezer just begging to be used!!**
a Bag of pasta (i still don't know what kind we are using. probably egg noodles or elbows)
To make in the crock pot add everything but the pasta. I also put in a little bit of milk too. (Regular milk from the fridge) Turn it on low and let it cook away.
Add your noodles (how ever much you want) about 30-40 minutes before you want to eat so they have a chance to cook and be done.
If you do it in the pan, cut up your chicken and cook it before you throw it all together in a big pot. Add the rest of the cans to your pot, stir and cook on medium low. Add your noodles about 30 minutes before you want to eat.
**Or make your noodles separate and just add to the soup mix. Sir, heat until warm, and serve. you don't want your noodles to get mushy!**
**You can also add celery, but my kids don't like it. That is why we add extra carrots!**
Heat and enjoy. I am going to pick up some French bread for this meal too. Heat in the oven and serve with butter!!
Pantry Monday! Hope that everyone will enjoy and that Mary's Hubby feels better soon!
3 comments:
Thank you!!!
How long do you cook the soup in the crock pot for?
ummmm......at least a few hours so that your chicken can cook.
Post a Comment