Our family has been going through a crazy mess this last week since I have wrote. Yes we are all still alive and well, but Steve was laid off from his job last Thursday. It was right before I had to go to work so it really was not a fun night for me. Life for us has been in the "circle the wagons" mode. I have started working a whole lot more at work and am very glad that I can pick up more hours at the Olive Garden.
Sunday I was blessed with two angels as my last table. At work we are having a wine sample contest, where every week if we sell 10 samples or glasses of wine our name gets put into a drawing for a $50 visa gift card or $30 olive garden gift card. I only needed 3 more samples or glasses on Sunday with my last table. The ladies ordered soup and salad and wouldn't you know they wanted some wine!! So with their 2 glasses I was one sample away and I told them about the contest. One of ladies was so happy to buy a sample of wine from me to put me at the 10 that I needed for the week!! They sampled the soups we have too and tried all of our soups but Minestrone. Eventually my Angels wanted to know how much I would win with selling my glasses so I told them about the $50 if my name gets drawn out of the bin. I told them about Steve not having a job and how much I was working. The whole thing just kinda spilt out when I only had one table and I was checking on them every few minutes. I get them all checked out with their mints of course. One of the ladies tells me that her friend had a gift for me. I was a little shocked b/c you don't get gifts when you are a server. My angel lady handed me a $50 tip!! She told me that I had already won the contest and to use it for Christmas. The Lord really is looking out for us even when we are not expecting blessings. I am so thankful for these Angels of mine.
Steve has been looking for work most hours of the day that we are awake. It sure is strange for me to be going to work and him to be at home with the kids. I have a better understanding and appreciation for that song "Mr. Mom" and have a good laugh at it too since he has been home when I do doubles at work. Steve has had some offers here and there for commission work or way under what would let us live even comfortably. There doesn't seem like there is much with it being a few weeks before Christmas, but we are doing the best that we can right now.
A lot of things have been put on hold for our little family, but I am glad that we have Christmas taken care of. Yes it will be smaller this year for the girls, but in a way I am glad that the girls are small so they won't miss all the presents from Santa. Hannah has discovered the Dollar Store so that is the new cool store for her! Thank goodness for me since that is where their stocking suffers are coming from this year.
Sorry that this is a short update, but we will have more to follow soon. Just keep us all in your prayers this Christmas season. There are always blessings that come when a door is shut. We are just looking for that open window right now.
2 comments:
Good luck with your job hunt and everything, I will be thinking of you!
So your story almost made me cry! It reminded me of that country song called Chain of Love, or Circle of Love or something like that. It talks about a waitress just like you. Anyway--good luck and Long Live Freecycle!
Post a Comment